Friday, January 28, 2011

chapters 3&4

1.       My first favorite singer was James Taylor.  He was someone my family and I used to listen to all the time when I was younger.  We had a cd that was him playing live that we would listen to.  I do not quite remember how old I was at the time I first started liking him, but it was around the age of seven or so.  I just loved his voice.  It was just amazing.  He just had a very beautiful and calming voice.  His songs were just so calming.  Now whenever I hear James Taylor; it always brings be back to when I was younger
2.       If I ran a noncommercial radio station on campus, I would play just about everything.  I would play both newer and older music.  I would play rock, R&B, rap, alternative, country, folk, etc.  One song might be T.I. and then the next could be James Taylor.  Then you might hear Garth Brooks and then Marvin Gay.  Then after that it could be Frank Sinatra.  I just enjoy a lot of different types of music.  I love the differences in all the different kinds of music.  Each kind of music is beautiful in its own way.  I would like for everybody to hear songs that they like on my station.
Chapter 4
3.       If I could own and manage a commercial radio station, I would choose the format of stations like 97.3 or a station that we get back home like 98.5, which plays everything.  I always enjoy different types of music.  I grew up listening to oldies and country music.  Then my older brother started listening to other kinds of music and since younger brothers have to do everything the older brother does, I started listening to them too.  It was bands like AC/DC, Rage Against the Machine, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.  From there it grew even more.  Eventually I started listening to rap and other kinds of music.  I just enjoy all kinds of music and I know that I am not the only one.  This also allows me to not play certain songs over and over again.  It keeps things fresh.
5.   It can help social and political discussions in the United States because they can voice the problems.  They can help educate people on certain problems going on.  It can help raise awareness of certain things going on.  Radio can be a way for people to say what they think about certain issues.  This can also help people form their issues.  Some of the things that they could do differently are have it being less bias.  Lots of times you get that persons opinion on the problem or whatever and that’s it.  Lots of the time people just take up their opinion without even hearing the other side’s argument and also without a lot of the facts.  When you control the information, you can bend it to fit your argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment