Friday, February 18, 2011

Chapter 6

1.       How many cable channels do you watch regularly?  What programs do you watch?  What attracts you to a certain program?  I do not watch much TV.  I will usually watch channels like ESPN, TBS, Spike, and a few more.  On those channels I usually watch shows like Sports Center, Around the Horn, Family Guy, Seinfeld, 1,000 Ways to Die, and more.  Usually if it has to do with sports that I am interested in or if the program is funny or just interesting to me, I will watch it.  What attracts me to a certain channel is if they show things that I like.  I like sports so I like ESPN because they are about sports.       
      
4.       CNN and MTV have changed our society as well as the global culture.  Have these changes been positive or negative? Explain.  I feel like MTV has been a negative influence on our culture.  With shows like Skins, Jackass, Viva la Bam, and others just are awful.  Skins glorify sex, drug, and alcohol abuse.  Every time I see Jackass or Viva la Bam I think of the movie Idiocracy.  It is a movie in which a guy gets frozen and wakes up many years later and the whole world is stupid, very stupid.  The favorite TV show is “OW My Balls” in which a guy just gets hit in the testicles in different ways.  Those shows make kids want to go out and do stuff like them.  I know, my friends and I did.  Thankfully no one was ever seriously hurt.  CNN has changed it more for the positive because it allows for the news throughout the day.  The only problem I know of it is that people say it is a liberal point of view they put across.  I do not watch it so I wouldn’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment