Friday, March 4, 2011

Chapter 8

2. Why do you think people aren't reading U.S. daily newspapers as frequently as they once did?  Why is newspaper readership going up in other countries?  I feel it is because the U.S. is so obsessed with getting everything right now.  People go on the internet and go to websites like Yahoo and others and get the news from there rather than getting the newspaper.  Also people can just watch the news on TV.  The news comes on at a lot of different times throughout the day so people see less of a need to get the paper.  It is an expense that they really don't see that they need.  It's not like they are going to not get the news or a certain side of a story if they don't.

5. Will blogs and other Internet news services eventually replace newspapers?  Explain your response.  I think they will.  They already have started to.  When I need to get some news i always go online to get it.  I will go to places like Yahoo, USA Today, and others.  Why pay to get a paper when you can go and get the same thing for free online?  Also it is convenient.  I do not need to go out and grab a paper.  I do not have to stop what im doing when I want to go see something.  I can multitask as I bring up the website.  Also it is more up to date than the paper.  I can read about something that happened hours ago.  I do not have to wait until the morning to read about something.  I feel that most people are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment